Friday, August 24, 2012

Sleep Tight, Baby Jack


Shhh...  Whisper please.

I just got back from the hospital. Our grandson was born earlier today. Right now he's sleeping peacefully in his mother's arms. Sweetest little thing ever. You forget just how beautiful and precious a newborn baby is. When it was my turn, I held him close and kissed his tiny velvet head. Then I kissed it again and again. I couldn't help myself. He screwed up his little face and struggled to open his eyes. Couldn't pull it off though. He's  exhausted. He worked hard to get here.  

Our birth is but a sleep and a forgetting:
The Soul that rises with us, our life's Star,
     Hath had elsewhere its setting,
          And cometh from afar:
     Not in entire forgetfulness,
     And not in utter nakedness,
But trailing clouds of glory do we come
     From God, who is our home:
Heaven lies about us in our infancy!

            -  by William Wordsworth

Sleep tight, Baby Jack. 

Jack Douglas Sargent

4 comments:

  1. Can you believe you are a grandma!? He is so handsome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We think he's pretty darned cute! And I can hardly believe I'm a grandma! When did I get so old?

      Delete
  2. Beautiful thoughts, Melinda. I'm happy he is here and all is well. Precious little angel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And so glad you're cuddling this little one!
    Congrats to you all!

    ReplyDelete